Thursday, March 16, 2017

Keep It Moving (K.I.M.)

Keep It Moving (K.I.M.)

TruthSpeaks Definition:
 
Not becoming complacent on life’s journey.
 
Explanation:
 
K.I.M. is a phrase I am sure we all say from time to time, especially in traffic or in line at the grocery store. As I coach and consult with clients I would ask them what is keeping you in the place you are in. What is the “it?” The answer I would hear most of the time was fear of the unknown, they would rather remain complacent. I believe we all have an “it.” The “it” can be a comfort zone or lack of skills. A few years ago a co-worker of mine told me to never say no to a leadership position if I was ever offered one. She said to see how far you can go. This advice stuck with me and I have been fortunate enough to be in leadership roles and create the career I wanted. She also followed her own advice and she is a VP for a banking corporation. I did not allow the “it” to take control. I guess you can say I did “it” afraid.  What is your “it?”
 
Weekly Action Plan:
 
What is your “it?” Why does “it” exist? Why are you complacent? How can you keep “it” moving? Answer these questions in your journal.
 
#KIM #TruthSpeaks #ProfessionalDevelopment #TeachTrainEducate

No comments:

Post a Comment