Monday, October 23, 2017

Are you an over-thinker?

Are you an over-thinker?

Albert Einstein loved to think. In fact, he left his wife and child to live in solitude just so he could think on a regular basis. I am not suggesting this is you nor am I saying I do this, however, I know I am an over-thinker. I think about everything, some things longer than others. I analyze and try to gain an understanding of why things are the way they are. Now, you may think, what is wrong with this? In fact, these could be strengths and in fact, they are. I am not condemning myself that I am an over-thinker. I discovered I must examine the topics I am overthinking. For example, I can spend too much time thinking about an area that I have little to no control over and less time thinking on the area I do have control over. Is this you? I believe we all do this. Here is a practice I have developed which has helped me. When I find myself “overthinking” I stop and think about the present. I ask myself what am I doing now and I change my thinking to what is in front of me. In other words, I bring myself back to the center of the moment I am in. Try this for yourself. Don’t get lost is what was or could have been, look at what is.

#Overthinking #Learn #TruthSpeaks #TeachTrainEducate

No comments:

Post a Comment