Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Plans, Time, & Interruptions




If you knew me personally you would agree I am a planner. I carry my agenda with me everywhere and yes it is a paper agenda. I tried keeping my agenda on my phone for a while but I did not like it. I guess I am old school; there is nothing like writing down your plans and scratching them off. I read recently that it does something to the brain when you have scratched off items your to do list, simply put it makes you happy. I must agree. I mentioned my agenda because I wanted to share with you that I have learned to respect the power of time. Time cannot be managed, stopped, or adhered to. It is going to move regardless of what you think or do. Because I now fully understand this, I have learned to live in the “now”. Sure I make my plans daily and for the most part I stick to them. But, I have a new found respect for interruptions. I have learned that interruptions are okay. It is not the end of the world. Interruptions can actually bring you peace. So next time you are working on your list and you get interrupted, just let life flow, whatever you were doing will get done. This is a phrase I say to myself when I get pressured “It will get done”, and then I have peace and then I K.I.M. (Keep It Moving).

Your thoughts are welcome…

MJW

www.truthspeakscoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment