Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Do you know yourself?




Hello Readers,

Each quarter or so I select a skill to work on to enhance my craft. If you have not noticed I love to learn and in return better myself. I am always working on me. Are you? (Just thought I would ask). For this quarter I have been reading on the topic of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and I wanted to share some insight with you. Here are three areas people who have a high EQ excel in:

1. Self- Awareness-The ability to look within yourself and truly understand how you are behaving at any given moment

2. Self- Motivation- The ability to excite/push oneself without the constant push from others

3. Self-Regulation- The ability to set rules for oneself and follow them and feel not guilty when the rules have changed. (Hint is you changed the rules)

Now you ask yourself, are you excelling in these areas? If not what can you do NOW to excel in these areas?

It is wisdom to know others; it is enlightenment to know one’s self –Lao-Tzu

Your thoughts are welcome…

MJW

www.truthspeakscoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment