Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Value People




Hello readers,

During my workshops I love to ask people to share one unique thing about themselves. I ask this because I love to find out what “else” is that person interested in. One thing I have learned is people are multi-faceted, meaning they may have a passion for one thing but they dabble in a lot of things. For example, I’ve had people share with me they love to garden, read, surf, play ice hockey, shop, and even collect shoes. I love to hear the quirkiness in people, because I believe it defines the person and sets them apart from the rest of the world. I have learned to not say that someone has too many shoes or that fact that someone wants to bear hunt is weird. Why? Because I realize people need something to do, they need an outlet. One step to help become a better person is to value people for who they are and not for what they do (a core value at my church), even if it does not make sense to you. 

Your thoughts are welcome…

MJW

Purchase our Career Tips E-Book for only $.99 cents here:

www.truthspeakscoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment