Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Leadership Tips from Simon Sinek



Hello Readers,

Leadership Series

Leadership is one of the many topics I love to study. Over the next month or so I will share with you some leadership tips I have received from leaders such as EVP, Authors, and parents. I know their words of wisdom will inspire you as they have done for me.  First I will share some takeaways from Simon Sinek

I recently attended a trainer’s conference and Simon Sinek was one of the key note speakers. If you have not heard of Simon, he has the 3rd most watch TED Talk ever and he is a blooming pioneer on structuring the way leadership is defined. Here are some key points I took away from Simon’s message.

1. Leaders set the condition of any organization.
2. Leaders provide the safety net for their people.
3. Leaders have to find the vision of the organization not create one; only then will the people jump on board.
4. The charge of a leader is to take care of the people not take charge of the people (My favorite)
5. Leadership takes great personal sacrifice.
6. We all have the capacity to be leaders but we all should not take this role.
7. C.E.O.s' do not take care of the results, the people do. C.E.O.s' take the blame for the results.
8. Leadership is making a cup of coffee when you drank the last cup.
9. Leadership is holding the elevator door when you see someone behind you.
10. Leaders do not use humans to balance books; their sole reason is to protect the tribe.
11. Leadership is in your daily routine

Your thoughts are welcome…

MJW

www.truthspeakscoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment