Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Growth and Development



Hello Readers,

This weekend was a phenomenal weekend for our family. Our son graduated from high school. We are so full of emotions, it almost seems surreal. We have witnessed a tremendous amount of growth in the past few years; however the growth I want to discuss is what we witnessed this weekend. It seems as if overnight our son decided to “grow up.” His demeanor, speech, actions, and attitude are all that of a grown young man. As I witnessed these changes in him I noticed a few things. First I noticed his love for God increase, second I noticed his love for self increased, and thirdly I noticed he decided to make a decision to stand on his own two feet. We as a family along with two other couples validated these feelings in a Rites of Passage ceremony over the weekend. We witnessed him and two of his friends move from boyhood to manhood. We ensured they understood what it meant to be held accountable to each other and what responsibility as a man entails. The lesson I learned this weekend is simply wait for what you want, it will come eventually. Growth is automatic but, development is what we seek. We watched our son grow for 18 years and we witnessed development in our son this weekend. 

Are you developing as you grow?

Your thoughts are welcome…


MJW

No comments:

Post a Comment