Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Leadership Series Part 2: Vulnerability



Hello Readers,
Leadership Series Part 2
Vulnerability

The next leader I received some great tips from is Brene Brown. I had not heard much about Brene until the ATD Conference. I was simply mind blown at her bluntness to tell the world how she feels about being vulnerable. I love her creativity and drive to just “be.” Let’s see what Brene (who has the 5th most watched TED talk) has to say about being vulnerable. Ponder on these powerful thoughts.

1. We are taught to “toughen up”, but why?
2. What is the story you are telling yourself right now? What are you telling yourself?
3. We love stories, we are wired for them. Our brains seek a story.
4. Courage is teachable and it needs to be spoken with emotion.
5. Vulnerability is not a weakness, it is the most accurate measure of courage (I love this!)
6.  Know exactly why you are being brave.
7. There are 7 elements of trust:
            a. Braving
            b. Boundaries
            c. Reliability
            d. Accountability
            e. Vault
            f. Integrity
            g. Non-Judgement
            h. Generosity

When I think of trust, I did not think about the depth of the word until I heard Brene's message. Trust involves having courage and having courage means being vulnerable. How can you be more vulnerable today? What areas in your life can you be more vulnerable?

To learn more about Brene Brown and her outstanding research check out her website here:

Your thoughts are welcome
MJW
www.truthspeakscoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment