Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Do not lose focus of your vision!



Hello Readers,

I hope you have been enjoying the Leadership Series. I will share more of what I learned from some great leaders in the coming weeks. Today I want to talk to you about having a vision for your career. Are you in a job/career you HATE? Many of my clients are, hence why they come to me for career coaching. The question I ask my clients is what can you do on your job currently to enhance your vision of where you want to go? Let’s look at an example of this. I was in a rut recently thinking about all the things I need to do, in other words I was thinking about my present concerns and I took my eyes off the future. I know what my long term goals are and I have a vision that is bigger than myself (as your vision is supposed to be larger than life). However, in my thinking I got off track, (yes even a coach needs a coach). I had to speak to my coach and some friends to get back on track. I had to realize that where I am now is a stepping stone to where I want to be. I have to take this step to get to the next. I encourage you to master the step you are on now, and then move to the next step. Each step you take will take you close to your vision, which is the end goal. Don't lose focus. Distractions will come just keep your eyes on the prize.

What is your vision? Watch this week’s Career Tip of the Week: Vision, Get One.

Subscribe to our channel, like our FBpage, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and share with a friend.

Your thoughts are welcome…


MJW

No comments:

Post a Comment