Tuesday, May 31, 2016

My new friend



Hello Readers,

I just came back from the Association for Talent Development International Conference and Exposition better known as ATD ICE. This year this annual event was held in beautiful Denver, Colorado at the convention center. The conference hosted over ten thousand people from all over the world. I had the great opportunity to meet people from the Netherlands, Brazil, China, Japan, and Canada. I made lasting connections with a few people from here in the states as well. One relationship I wanted to share with you is with my new found friend from Tokyo, Ami. Ami sat next to me in one of the sessions we attended. The funny thing about us meeting was I asked her for some lotion and she gave me some oil to use (that smelled great by the way). We were friends from that point on. The great thing about this story was Ami was so happy to be at the conference and meet people from the United States. She shared with me that her English was not good but she is working on it, so I found myself translating for her to assist her with speaking to other people (like I know Japanese). She said that she was so happy we met and she wanted to keep in touch and I obliged. I am happy to say I have a friend now in Tokyo, Japan. Through meeting Ami I have opened my mindset more to the beautiful world that is out there and the people that occupy it and that my reader is a wonderful thing. 

Here is picture of Ami and I:
www.truthspeakscoaching.com
MJW
 

No comments:

Post a Comment