Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Connect people




Hello Readers,

I am a trainer, a teacher, a coach, an educator, and a connector. You may say geesh, Marla that is a lot of titles, yes I agree it is. It is not about titles for me. Nothing brings me more joy than to help people get to where they need to be or where they want to be. One mantra I follow is from the words of one of the most well-known motivational speakers of all time Mr. Zig Ziglar (whom I was blessed to hear speak in person before he passed). Zig stated "If you help enough people get to where they want to be you will be well taken care of." I added a little of my words into this phrase. Recently I was in a training session with a young lady and she said “Marla maybe you can help me” (not sure what gave her the inkling I could assist her in any area aside from the training I had just provided, after all we had just met), however, she proceeded to trust me in asking for assistance. She stated that she is new to the city, a beginning artist, and that she wanted to get connected to the art community in the city. I viewed her website and she is NOT beginning artist by a long shot. I saw nothing but masterpieces. I said well darling you are in luck. I shared with her that I have a cousin who is an artist and she is well diverse in the art community. I sent a few texts and they were connected within a matter of a few minutes. The smile on her face was one of the highlights of my day. It felt great to connect her one step closer to her dreams of being a full time artist. Who have you connected today? As you can see it is not hard. If someone needs you then try your best to help them, trust me the reward always is in the giving. Don’t worry about your wants; you will be well taken care of. Ask me how I know
:)

Your thoughts are welcome...

Check out this YouTube video and subscribe to my channel.



 #TeachTrainEducate
MJW

No comments:

Post a Comment