Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Passion and the Little Kid Inside You

Hello readers,

I remember as a little girl I used to line my baby dolls up in a row on one of my twin beds. I asked one of my teachers at school if I could have one of her extra roll books and some worksheets and there it was! I was a teacher! I had a full class of 20 dolls (with names) and they all had homework. I used to give out a lot of assignments too. I would create work packets and documents for them to work on for weeks at a time and turn back into me for a final grade. I guess in my mind I was a college professor! Well, as I got older I learned more about teaching and the salaries they made on the primary education level and said, nope can't do it. So I tucked that dream away and pursued architecture, but that didn't last long. Fast forward to May 2010 as I was sitting in my chair anxiously awaiting my row to be called to walk across the stage for the 2nd time (This graduation was for my Bachelors degree), I glanced over to the right and my eyes were enlarged with delight when I saw all the professors sitting with their robes on, I said to myself that is it! I want to be a professor! I want to teach professional and career development! That was the beginning of my journey. So, why am I telling you this? I recently watched a video speaking about finding your passion. The speaker mentioned going back to your childhood. Asking yourself what you loved to do when you were a kid.  I loved to teach and sell things (I had a mini- picture coloring and friendship bracelet business). Now I am back full circle. I am a teacher, trainer, and educator of adults and I have my own business with many more on the horizon.

Challenge: I ask you today to dream for 5 min about what you loved as a kid. Was it easy? Did you love to do it? Would you do it today? Say yes to yourself and awaken the kid in you. It may just be what you are supposed to be doing.

Think about what you wanted to do when you were a little kid and live that life now!


Your thoughts are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment