Tuesday, December 27, 2016

3 Major Lessons Learned in 2016

Hello Readers,

WOW! Yes, that is how I am starting this post off. My year has been nothing but amazing. It is VERY difficult for me to describe in a mere three lessons what I have learned this year but here goes my best shot at it. I hope these lessons inspire you as they have me

1. I learned to Live! I am literally tearing up as I write this. Yes, I learned to live this year. I had to realize I was living someone else’s dreams and not pursuing my own. Sure I have the degrees and a great job but, something was not right. I would daydream about doing certain things and I could never decide how to get started. I had to make some MAJOR decisions in my life in 2016 and the main one was that I decided to LIVE the life that Marla wants to live. #LiveYourLife

2. I learned to watch. Don’t assume things about people. Don’t assume they are nice, don’t assume they are mean, don’t assume they want to do business with you, and don’t assume anything. I ask you to simply WATCH.  I learned people show you who they are every day. Trust your instincts and watch and learn.


3. I learned to embrace my authentic self. I am funny, loving, persistent, assertive, passionate, and I love to read and shop (I had to throw shop in there). In the midst of learning my authentic self, I had to learn I can’t want something worse than someone else, this is an act of non-authenticity and it WILL drain you. I have learned to accept who I am and that is really all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment