Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Authentic

Hello Readers,

Welcome to the ABC's of professional and personal development, a new blog series. My hope is you can use this blog series as a guide in your life and career development. I want you to think about where you are in your life and career journey and evaluate. I want you to use the one “word” per week action plan to catapult your professional and personal development to a new level.

Here we go!

Week One

Authentic

Business Dictionary Definition:
Item verified to be genuine by certification or formal proof.
Retrieved from: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/authentic.html

TruthSpeaks Definition:
One’s method of expressing real feelings and emotion; not driven by the surrounding environment (not being a chameleon).

Explanation:
You may think, what is Marla talking about? I have seen it over and over again, even within myself. People conform to the environment they dwell in and settle, this my friends is NOT being authentic. In 2016 I had to learn what being authentic meant. I realized we were all made for greatness however I can’t want the greatness people more than I want it for myself. I learned to express my real feelings. If I don’t like the outfit I change it. DO what makes you feel “real” about yourself. Don’t allow anyone to dictate your “realness”, only you know what that feels like. If you don’t like the scenery change the destination. 

Weekly Action Plan:
Define your “realness”. What is being authentic look like for you? Once you discover it, walk in your “realness” all week, how about forever? Journal your thoughts.

#Authentic #TruthSpeaks #ProfessionalDevelopment #TeachTrainEducate


 MJW

No comments:

Post a Comment