Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Clean UP! 10 Social Media Career Moves



Hello Readers,

As you know I love information and even better I love to share what I learn. I recently attended a career seminar in which I learned some key career moves to enhance your social media presence. I compiled a list of areas we need to “clean up”. Some of these I knew about and some are areas I need to work on myself. I know this list will help you also.

1. Complete your LinkedIn profile. If it is not at 100% get it there!
2. Make sure your resume and your LinkedIn page match. The jobs listed should be the same.
3. List accomplishments on your LinkedIn page, not job tasks. (I mention this all the time when I complete  resumes)
4. Follow the companies you apply for... If I apply at ABC Bank, I will make sure I am following ABC Bank on the three main social media giants. Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
5. Join subject matter expert groups on LinkedIn. I am a member of quite a few and I comment on all of them.
6. Create a website about yourself. It can be a one page website highlighting great things about your expertise.
7. Have a personal business card. Remember you are a business, You Inc.!
8. Google yourself, if you do not like what is out there, take the steps to clean it up.
9. Follow the careers/personalities you want to pursue on Twitter and LinkedIn. i.e. If I want to be a cook, I will follow Martha Stewart. You get the picture.
 10. Delete silliness from your Facebook page. If you do not want to delete anyone, you can hide the posts/notifications from those people. 

**Employers look at social media first and they will make a decision to hire you based on what they view. Make sure what they view is really you!

Your thoughts are welcome…

MJW

www.truthspeakscoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment