Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Compliment a comment




Hello readers,

"Always compliment a comment and don't comment on a comment". I heard this phrase nearly three years ago from a man of great wisdom and it has stuck with me ever since. Now, does that mean I follow the phrase each time I speak? No, I do not but, I do make effort. I interpreted this phrase to mean, whether someone says something that does not make sense to you, simply state a kind word after the statement has been made. For example, people say things to me all the time that I do not agree with or that do not make sense, if what they are stating is not demeaning/abusive to others, I simply say "okay, you have a point". This does not mean I am not speaking the truth, it means I do not have to comment negatively on everything someone says. Complimenting a comment can be used with friends, family, spouses (especially spouses), and in the workplace. Next time someone says something to you that you may or may not agree with and it is not offensive to others, say "I understand, I get it, or I see your point". Try it, it will show your maturity level.

Thanks for reading and let us know your thoughts...

MJW

Www.truthspeakscoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment