Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Have the conversation



Hello Readers,

One of my career goals is to be a professor. As you may know there are many steps to becoming full time faculty at any college/university. A person needs to gain the right credentials and workforce experience to achieve this. One step I know I will need to take is to get my doctorate. I am a firm believer in the fact of whatever I want to do, someone has already done it and been successful therefore, I can simply ask for their advice. I recently had lunch with a woman I met who is a professor at the school I am considering attending for my doctoral studies and she has her doctorate. I asked what her journey was like and what advice could she give me. The conversation was very informative. I felt my anxiety diminish after speaking with her. I feel confident in my decision to move forward.

What is one of your career goals? Who is already doing what you want to do? Seek and find this person and have the conversation. Meet them for lunch, send them an email, or text them and pick their brain. In actuality we all need each other. We cannot “make it” without the help of someone else, so go and be bold. Ask the question and have the conversation.

Watch the Career Tip of the Week here:

Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like our FB page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and share with a friend.

Your thoughts are always welcome…

MJW

No comments:

Post a Comment